Secretary for state for Wales Alan Cairns:
“Services operated under the Wales and Borders franchise are a vital component of Wales’ transport infrastructure serving thousands of commuters and passengers each day. It is essential that Wales has cutting edge transport links to move people to jobs, encourage investment and help grow our economy. Moreover, it is important that future investment provides visible and practical improvements to the rail travel experience on a franchise with the potential to grow transport links between England and Wales”
It is essential that Wales has cutting edge transport links to move people to jobs, encourage investment and help grow our economy. Moreover, it is important that future investment provides visible and practical improvements to the rail travel experience on a franchise with the potential to grow transport links between England and Wales. With the franchising powers we are devolving to the Welsh Government, the UK Government has delivered on a key recommendation made by Sir Paul Silk’s Commission on Devolution in Wales. We now look to the Welsh Government to deliver on our joint ambitions to improve connectivity, cut journey times and create a transport infrastructure that is fit for the future.”
This one day conference will bring the leaders from the region together to discuss devolution, new technology and innovation, funding and investment, the skills shortage and how we are going to align apprenticeship programmes to fit the needs of the sector, electrification, smart ticketing and much more.
- 8:30 AM - 9:00 AMRegistration/Coffee/Networking
- 9:00 AM - 9:10 AMChair welcomeBrian Meechan confirmed
- 9:10 AM - 9:30 AMKeynote Address Simon Jones, Director of Transport (Welsh Government) confirmed
- 9:30 AM - 9:50 AMFranchise Address TBC
- 9:50 AM - 10:10 AMSTRIDE framework – TfW Delivering long term relationships with the supply chain
- 10:10 AM - 10:30 AMHeadline Sponsor Address TBC
- 10:30 AM - 11:15 AMMorning Refreshments/Networking
- 11:15 AM - 11:35 AMNetwork Rail Address Kevin Collins (confirmed) – CP6 and the Procurement Strategy
- 11:35 AM - 11:55 AMHeadline Sponsor Address Balfour Beatty (confirmed)
- 12:00 PM - 12:30 PMSeminar Session 1Opportunity for the audience to break off for one of three technical presentations, running concurrently.
- 12:30 PM - 1:45 PMLunch/Networking/Exhibition
- 1:45 PM - 2:15 PMSeminar Session 2
- 2:15 PM - 2:20 PMChair Afternoon WelcomeBrian Meechan confirmed
- 2:20 PM - 3:00 PMPanel Debate – Engaging the Rail Supply Chain, The importance of working collaboratively to ensure value for moneyKevin Collins (Network Rail) - confirmed
Paul Hinchy - Head of Transport (WiFi Spark) - confirmed
- 3:00 PM - 3:30 PMAfternoon Refreshments/Networking/Exhibition
- 3:30 PM - 4:00 PMDigital Railway
- 4:00 PM - 4:10 PMChair closing remarks
- 4:15 PM - 5:00 PMPost Event Drinks Reception
The times and invited speakers may be subject to change without notice.