Rail: North is your only chance to talk to the companies embedded in the northern rail network about what is happening in the region and to discuss how to get involved with major upcoming contracts. This year’s iteration of the event will focus on the opportunities for the supply chain in Yorkshire as a result of key projects, both taking place now and over the coming decades.
The networking dinner, taking place in Sheffield on the 6th June, will be your opportunity to get involved with schemes such as:
- The £3bn TransPennine Route Upgrade – the biggest new project in the CP6 pipeline
- HS2’s northern link and planned Sheffield hub
- Northern Powerhouse Rail, including significant upgrades to rail links from Sheffield to Manchester, Leeds and Hull, amongst others
- Multimodal connectivity between Sheffield City Region and other cities
- East Coast Main Line improvements
- The ongoing Great North Rail Project
Additionally, the event will address the opportunities for the supply chain in Yorkshire through the inward investment brought about by HS2 and the Northern Powerhouse. Sheffield have released their ‘This is Sheffield Plan’, which outlines their 10 year vision to transform the city and make it economically successful. At the heart of this plan is the necessity of Sheffield benefiting from the government’s Northern Powerhouse programme and commitment to HS2.
To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 0161 791 1640