Transport Scotland are committed to transforming the road network, which as well as boosting Scotland’s economy brings many key benefits including:
- Reducing emissions and tackling climate change
- Better connecting major cities
- Cutting congestion
- Improving journey times and journey time reliability
Whilst it’s imperative that the Government continue to commit to these infrastructure projects, the recent exiting of the EU by the UK has thrown up many more questions as to how these projects will be continued to be delivered in the coming years.
The evening offers you the chance to keep up to date with developments, with topics discussed including:
- The development of major roads projects across Scotland
- Transport Scotland’s asset management strategy, focusing on the delivery, management and collaboration with the supply chain
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), how the implementation of the latest technology help set the standards to upgrading roads, whilst reducing congestion and improving safety
- The impact of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU and the threat posed to Scotland’s competitiveness
- The potential impact a second Scottish referendum will have on businesses currently supplying into the Scottish Roads sector
Incorporated into the evening is a two-part panel debate, the first of which will offer three individuals from the supply chain an opportunity to engage in a 30 minute Q&A session with our host. Following on from dinner you will be able to put key questions to our panellists which will allow you to gain valuable information and help you form your wider strategies for the future.