Scotland has seen passenger numbers increase by 30% over the last decade and as a result have invested £3.3bn in rail infrastructure. The benefits of this have already been realised, with the £294m Borders Railway project now complete and the construction of EGIP, which is due to be completed in March 2019 at a cost of £742m.
In addition to these, there are a number of other significant challenges ahead, including making a case for a Britain-wide High Speed Rail network, the substantial rolling programme of electrification and the £170m upgrade of the Aberdeen to Inverness rail line. Additionally, now that the UK has voted to leave the EU and with Scotland overwhelmingly in favour of remaining, how will the prospect of a second Scottish referendum alter the way in which these projects are going to be funded and delivered.
Peloton Events welcome you to this prestigious event which will offer an excellent platform for engaging debate and a chance to meet key individuals who are at the heart of these exciting plans.
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PMPre event drinks reception
- 7:10 PM - 7:15 PMKeynote speaker (confirmed) Presented by Steven McMahon - Head of Rail Strategy & Funding, Transport Scotland.
- 7:15 PM - 7:45 PMPanel debate for suppliersAn opportunity for three companies to engage in a 30 minute debate with our host David Henderson.
- 7:45 PM - 9:15 PMDinner
- 9:45 PM - 10:45 PMPanel debateSteven McMahon (Head of Rail Strategy & Funding, Transport Scotland)
Phil Verster (Network Rail MD & ScotRail Alliance MD)
Frank Roach (Partnership manager, HITRANS)
Peter Strachan (Serco Caledonian Sleeper MD)
Councillor Alistair Watson (Glasgow City Council)
- 10:45 PM - 1:00 AMNetworking and drinks